Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day +24

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) 107(Normal 130-180)
Platelet 47(Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 2.2 (Normal 4 - 11)

I am well today. The white blood count drops sharply from 5.2 to 2.2, but don't worry, it will pick up very soon. There is a good increment in red blood count, from 96 to 107. The platelet count remains almost the same.

I experience potassium and magnesium deficiency everyday even with oral supplement. So these two minerals have to be further supplemented through infusion, that is the only time when my hand get "wired" to the stand again. Hopefully, my body can overcomes these deficiency very soon.

I appreciate many of you out there who support me through prayer and encouragement. One day, I received a short SMS "Jesus is Love" . Since the message is not signed and the sender number is not on my phone book, so I had totally no idea of who the sender was. In order to find out who the sender was, I replied "Your number is not on my phone book, may I know who are you?"

I got the reply, "Matthew x-x-x", where x is some number. I really couldn't figure out who is this Matthew. I asked my wife if she know anyone called Matthew but she also don't remember who this Matthew is.

No long later, I received another SMS, "John x-x-x", then "Luke x-x-x", then "James x-x-x". How come this person keep on changing his name? From Matthew, to John, to Luke and James... Finally, I called the number and based on the voice, I realize that he is one of our church members. He was actually sending Bible verses to me.

Everyday, I received at least three very short SMS from him. Example of the messages:
"Jesus is King"
"Holy Spirit let us understand"
"Timothy x-x-x"

Why don't he put all the messages in a single SMS to reduce the telephone charges? I don't know, but I do know he is remembering and supporting me everyday!

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

David said...

Thank you so much Sandra. I agree with you that it is by God grace and mercy that I am well most of the days.

You comment should makes me dream of PIZZA tonight. Those big size thick crust ALOHA CHICKEN flavour type is so delicious...

I have not get in touch with the chinese physician yet. When did you take the herb? During or after transplant?

Just interest to know, do you eat fast food now?

Take care and God bless you richly.

David