Tuesday, July 04, 2006

From Day -8 to Day -1 (Today)

  • Day - 8, 26 June (Mon) : Admission to hospital
  • Day - 9, 27 June (Tues) : Insert a triple lumen catherter near the neck, it is a tube with three smaller tube inside. This is for the administration of drugs and draws blood. Start to take antiviral, antibacterial, antifungus drug, "blood thinner" drug, drug to reduce uric acid, injection of Vit B12 (quite painful, like stinged by bee, luckily need to do it only for one day while the rest of the drug has to take until day -1 or day +21). They also give me some kind of pill to control my anxiety or "to keep me happy". But I think after taking the medicine, I got "short term memory lost", just like that Dori fish in the movie "Finding Nemo". It is a "law" to record the volume of urine that we pass out each visit to the toilet. I always forgot how much the volume immediately I emerge from the toilet.
  • Day -7 to Day -4, 28 June (Wed) to 1 July (Saturday) : Start taking chemotherapy pills, 4 times a day, each time 30 pills. In addition to pills from day -8, I need to swallow more than 100 pills a day. Luckily they are small, with my big throat, consume 30 over pills with a single swallow is definately not a problem. You know, this big throat is a blessing of my poor childhood. When my parent brought home some nice foods home, I always swallowed them lightning fast because they are too delicious. Slowly, my throat becomes big enough to swallow so many pills with ease :-)
  • Day -3 to Day -2, 2 July (Sun) to 3 July (Mon) : Stop the chemotherapy pills, switched to intravenous (iv) chemo drug, plus another drug to protect the bladder from the chemo drug. The iv chemo drug make me feel to vomit until today (4 July). But luckily it was not too bad, only experience one vomitting.
  • Day -1 , 4 July (Tues) : All chemo drug completed, started iv cyclosporin drug to reduce the GVHD. This is considered a rest day. My appetite recovered during the dinner. Thanks to Richard's chicken soup "Mee Sua - 长寿面".

Thanks God and your prayer that until now everything goes quite smoothly. One thing to pray for me is that one of my PICC lumen (one of the double lumen catherters that are installed through my arm) seems to be blocked. Hopefully the nurse would have patience and wisdom to unblock it.

Tomorrow, Day 0, 5 July (Wed) is a BIG DAY for me as the stem cell from my sister will be transplanted (infused) into my blood circulation system. They will defrost it first to body temperature before the infusion. Ocassional clot might happen. Please pray that it would be smooth. They will put me to sleep for the process. It is just like a normal blood transfusion.

I have to go to sleep now. Will let you know the progress if I am well enough to write. Just come back to check often.

You can post comments in turn of prayer, encouragement, whatever in response to my blog. Click on the comment at the lower left corner, choose other as your identity and write your name so that I know who are you.

God bless you all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I support you dearly.

Anonymous said...

Ah Kiew,
For quite a while, i hv been wondering how are you aft you left Kuching the last time you were back. I thanked you for sending this blog with your sharing on your experience. Indeed I'm very touched by your great faith in the Divine Healer and a big 'BRAVO!' to you for having the courage to go thru what you have been thru in preparation for this transplant, and taking the time to write your sharing. Keeping you in my prayers and i trust that God will see you thru.
Adriana

Anonymous said...

哇!你对神这么有信心。这是我应该学习的地方!我会为你祷告的!taking the time to write your sharing is really very good!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

'Kambate' ^-^
i will pray for u and i belive God will always with u , sure!
Jesus love u :>

Take care.

Warmest Regards,
Lesley Lim

Anonymous said...

Dear Ting,

I hope everything will go smoothly with you. You are a very strong and determined person, remember our uni days where you are always the best in our class. I am sure you will emerge champion again this time.
God bless you. Take care.

regards,

Tiong YK

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

BMT Boho Babe said...

Hi David! I really hope you are able to get this because you are one of my inspirations and I want you to know it. I am going through my Bone marrow transplant as we type. I was completely inspired by your blog to start my own. The fact that it's on blogger.com as well is just plain coincidence! I am soooo happy to read that you are on day +15__ I would really love to stay in touch and chat. I'm on day -8

David said...

Yes, BMT Bobo Babe, I am reading your message. I am glad this blog helps especially to someone who is going for the same procedure. I am also very glad to know that you are starting your own blog, which I believe will inspire others also in time to come. I wish you all the best and my prayer is with you. Keep in touch. David