Friday, July 07, 2006

Day +2

I have no reason to fear,
For Jesus my Savior is near;
I'll trust the Lord and His power
To save and to keep me each hour. -Hess

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) 90 (Normal 130-180)
Platelet 46 (Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) 1.5 (Normal 4 - 11)

The platelet and WBC are dropping, however the RBC seems to increase a little bit. With WBC of 1.5, I still have immunity against infections.

Thank God that no mouth or throat ulcers have been developed so far. But appetite is a little low today. It could be due to the drug MTX that was given today. I slept most of the morning. However, My brother Richard brought again chicken soup "Mee Sua" as my dinner, that really boost my appetite. Unfortunately "Foo Chow" red wine is not allowed, if it is allowed, then {Check Soup "Mee Sua" + "Foo Chow" red wine = HEAVEN!}

One thing I praise God is that the blocked PICC lumen on my right hand is now thoroughly unblocked, it can even be used to draw blood now.

Someone asked if they could pay me a visit. The answer is definately a Yes! But read on...

In fact I am isolated in ROOM 1 in University Hospital, the best room in the haematology wad. So I always see myself as "VIP", but this poor VIP is not allowed to go a single step out of the room apart to the big luxurious toilet. "Security" is very tight. With the exception of the hospital staffs, no one, including my little cute beautiful wife, is allowed to enter the room. Visitors have to shout over the glass of ROOM 1 to talk or pray for me. Therefore, if you plan to visit and talk to me, the very first thing you need is to train your vocal, that is to learn how to "shout", as loud as possible, so that I can hear you. And after this you should be accepted into the church choir without any question :-)

Richard just brought me my precious Spanish Handmade Classical Guitar. I couldn't wait to play it now...

See you next post. May God Bless You!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ting,

You love foochow mee sua with foochow red wine ha, tell you something, today I cook some pork with foochow red wine left over " red chow", it taste good.........May be when you are well enough, i can give you some of the 'red chow' that I brought back from Setiawan the other day.
Just for the fun.

regards,

Tiong YK

David said...

Dear Tiong,

I become extremely hungry thinking about this special dish.

Please don't finish it all by yourself...

Ting

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»