Thursday, January 07, 2010

Day +1282 : My camera is having problem

I purchased a Canon Digital Ixus 870 IS camera on 14 March 2009. I wrote about it on Day +983 : A new camera.

After using the camera for about 10 months, it is having problem now. It always releases burning smell after a few flashes. Sometimes, I even noticed smoke rising near the flash lamp :-(

Fortunately, this camera is still under warranty. I sent it back to the shop where I purchased it from last week. I was quite surprised to be told that I would only be able to get it back in about two months time and should the faulty parts are not available, it could take more than two months to service :-(

When I complained about it, the sales guy told me that I should be lucky if I can get my camera back in two months time. Some brand of camera such as Olympus would take even more time to service and some of his customers waited for one year to get their camera back. Worst still, many customers had their camera back untouched or not serviced at all :-( If you are planning to get an Olympus camera, do have a second thought.

Knowing that I need a camera a lot, my brother, Richard, lent me his old Sony Cyber-shot; else you won’t see any photos on this blog for at least two months.

See you next post :-)

No comments: