Saturday, January 02, 2010

Day +1277 : The Innova came last Thursday :-)

I am fine today.

The Toyota sales agent, who is also a church member, sent the new Innova to me last Thursday. Even though I told him that I was not in a hurry to have it, he insisted that I should have it for Christmas which fell on Friday :-)

The one who was most excited to have the vehicle was Aaron. We told him earlier that the new car would arrive on Thursday, he was so looking forward to have it.

“Is today Thursday?” he would ask many times in a day, looking at the clock, since then.

He told many people that his father is going to purchase a Innova after we told him about that. And he never missed to point to a Innova on the road while we were traveling and saying that this was the vehicle that we would have.

Aaron was addicted to car. He recognized more car model than me. When we were traveling, he would point to a vehicle and tell us what car was that.

No other toys apart from cars would attract his attention. He collected so many toys, of course at our expenses:-(

I changed the seat cover to leather. The contractor came to dismantle the seat on this Tuesday and fixed it back on Thursday. They managed to take out all seats and the door covers in 15 minutes only :-)

All of us are happy that we won't need to squeeze like a sardines in a tin anymore with the new car :-)

The old Proton Perdana that I was driving was returned to the company.

The car



Control panel - a simple one as I purchase the economic version which is 2.0E. This saved me RM8000 :-)
The contractor is dismantling the seats





15 minutes later...
See you next post :-)

8 comments:

Tarnya said...

Thank you David for your blog. I have read many of your posts especially when you went through the transplant. My husband has leukemia and is due to have a transplant in March. We have a blog at http://davidburge.wordpress.com/

David said...

Hi Tarnya, I visited your blog and pray that doctor will find a match for your husband. God is our shepherd... and our hope in Him is abundant and everlasting. I will remember your husband, Pastor David, in my prayer. David

近朱者赤 said...

David, how does it looks after the seats were replaced? Just curious!

David said...

Hi chchoo, will post a few photos of the new seats later :-)

近朱者赤 said...

Many thanks David. I enjoy reading your blog as it makes me feel closer to home. :)

David said...

I am glad to hear about this :-) But just wonder why this blog can make you feel closer to home.

近朱者赤 said...

David, this blog is where I would visit to find peacefulness after reading all the chaotic Malaysian news. :)

You are sincere in sharing your daily life stories, i.e. church, friends, car, food, kids, colleagues and so much more. It's beautiful and enriching to me.

David said...

I see :-)