Monday, January 11, 2010

Day +1286 : “Who coughed?”

I am fine today.

While sending Adriel and Aaron to kindergarten one morning, I heard someone coughing at the back.

“Who coughed?” I asked.

“Me”

“Aaron?” I asked again, uncertain which one coughed.

“No”

“Adriel?” I asked again.

“Yes”

The conversation ended in a very short time and both the two children participated instantaneously. The one who answered “me” was Adriel and when I asked whether it was Aaron who coughed, he denied instantly by saying “no”. And lastly, Adriel ascertained that she was the one.

It is a great challenge to wake up Adriel and Aaron in the morning. They were always very sleepy and many times, Aaron refused to go to kindergarten due to sleepiness. I believe both of them were very sleepy in the car while the conversation took place.

One thing that delighted me very much was that they were very responsive even when they were so sleepy. Responsive children make parents happy. Similarly, responsive members in a team make others happy too.

I correspond quite a lot with church members and I am always happy and encouraged when I received a response from them, even though the response might be negative. For example, cell group members might say that they are not coming or unsure whether they are coming for cell group.

A simple response not only indicates we are responsible but we care too :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I previously experienced the same problem of getting my children out of bed for school. The best solution to it is to call it a day for them at 9.30pm and not exceeding 10.00pm. Listen to my advice n u won't go wrong. Bless you in waking them up in future.

David said...

Thanks for your advice. It is another challenge to make them sleep early as they are really too busy (playful). Might need to force a little bit. David