Monday, January 04, 2010

Day +1279 : Follow-up – a blood test only

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 148[146] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 200[265] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 7.5[10.6] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 2.625[5.406] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I am fine today.

I experience stinging needle pain all over the body for the past few days. Besides that, I am getting tired very easily.

In order to make sure that my blood is in order, I went to Columbia Asia Hospital for a blood test this morning. The result showed that my blood counts are normal :-)

In fact I planned to do the test yesterday but when I requested Dr. Koh to refer me to Columbia Asia for a full blood count, he warned me that there would be an extra charge of RM30 for any test that was done off office hour. So I waited until today.

“Why you need a full blood count?” he asked.

“Just to rule out a relapse,” I told him after explaining the pain that I experienced.

He checked my body temperature and said that it was very unlikely that there was a relapse, which I agreed. A Leukaemia patient might experience pain in bone or joints but in my case the pain was more on the skin.

Anyway, I just want to rule out the relapse totally or in other words – to spend a little bit of money to have peace of mind :-)

Now the total cost of the test– RM10 (Dr. Koh’s reference note) + RM22.5 (Lab charge) = RM32.5. Not too expensive, isn’t it?

See you next post :-)

No comments: