Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day +1306 : Touch ‘n No Go :-(

I am fine today.

My Tuouch ‘n Go card was running out of balance. I went to Maybank Puchong Jaya Branch yesterday to reload it with an amount of RM500 through the cash-in machine. The machine accepted my money but the balance of the card was not updated.

I filed a report to Maybank this morning and faxed it the transaction-slip that bored a remark “transaction rejected”. The bank officer told me that she had to escalate the problem to head quarter and the refund would take months. Many customers who experienced the same and filed a report long time ago still haven’t get their refund back until now :-(

It is very difficult to comprehend how the reload facility can be so unreliable. The customer is required to touch the card on the machine and the correct information is captured automatically. With this, the transaction should not fail.

My friend asked me why I have to top up so much given that I am not a regular traveler. The answer is simple - to avoid hassle caused by unreliable system such as what I have just experienced.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Hee Kang said...

David,

I always reload at one of the two toll offices near Sg Rasa & Bt Tiga along Federal Highway. Each time I also reload RM500 by credit card. At the same time, you are earned the credit card reward points.

David said...

Hi Hee Kang,

Thanks for your advice. It is good to earn reward points through credit card. But I didn't travel much. :-( And I have no idea at all where those two toll offices.

David