Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day +1301 : How am I going to find the owner?

I am fine today.

While I was “enjoying” my plain oat meal this morning, my mother-in-law passed me a camera that she picked up from pedestrian path a day earlier on the way back from IOI mall.

She was not sure what that was and asked me whether it was some kind of toy for the children. I found out that it was not a toy but a functioning camera worth more than a thousand ringgit.

I sent my camera for repair as mentioned on my blog Day +1282 : My camera is having problem. One might think that his camera could be a good replacement, better than the one that my brother Richard’s old Sony Cyber-shot. But the problem is that the camera is not belonged to me. I need to find a way to return it to its rightful owner.

I examined the memory of the camera and based on the photos, I had some idea what I should do. Many photos in the camera indicated that it might be belong to a member of a direct sales firm called Debao Biopanax Sdn Bhd which maintained a website at http://www.db2u.net/index.php. But fortunately, the telephone published on the website was not contactable. Further search also linked the company to a mobile phone which was not in servce :-(

The address on the website points the location of the company to Puchong One Business Centre. I will pay a visit to the company sometime this week and ask the company to direct the one who lost a camera to me.

I will return the camera to its rightful owner after some verification such proof of purchase.

I hope the search for the owner is successful; else I don’t know what to do with the camera. Perhaps pass it to a non-profit organization is an option if no one comes forward to claim the camera.

See you next post :-)

No comments: