Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day +1295 : “Hey! I am not a piano!” (2)

I am fine today.

Continue from yesterday...

When I invited someone to attend an event or look into certain issues, I would get three types of responses:

  1. no response
  2. a simple response such as Yes or No
  3. a response with some elaboration

A response with elaboration is the one that makes me very happy.

Similarly, if a husband doesn’t go back for dinner, he can do the following:

  1. Do nothing
  2. Inform his wife that he is not going home for dinner
  3. Inform his wife that he is going home for dinner with reason

I believe his wife will be very happy if he can inform her on his absent for dinner with some reason.

Response with sufficient elaboration promotes understanding and good relationship :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: