Friday, January 29, 2010

Day +1304 : So sleepy...

I am fine today.

I have been coughing for many weeks. The situation is getting worse this morning with heavier cough producing green phlegm.

I went to see a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) doctor (中医师) practicing in a shop next to my church.

I was prescribed with three types of Chinese medicine: cough capsule, flu capsule and a black syrup to boost immune system. When I asked what the ingredients in the syrup are, I was just told that it was made of Chinese medicine. And we know that Chinese medicine can be anything ranging from herbs to insects. Hopefully, there is no something like scorpion or cockroach in it :-(

I felt so sleepy after taking the medicine; more sleepy than taking western machine :-( So I slept from 2pm to 6:30pm in the afternoon, and I found myself continue to be sleepy after that. I wonder what ingredient in the Chinese medicine that makes one so sleepy. Perhaps the TCM doctor added in some sedative powder and the amount must be too much for a sleepy person like me.

I rarely see a TCM doctor. My sister brought me to see one just before I was diagnosed with Leukaemia 4 years ago. And the diagnosis was wrong miserably.

This is the first time ever I see a TCM doctor after that. I hope it works this time.

The medicine - RM30 including consultancy fee

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Alien said...

Hi, I surf your blog and want to rev you up! Wish you have a nice cure.