Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day +1278 : “Bagaimana sekarang (How now) ?”

I am fine today.

While I was sending a Hong Kong visitor and his family to the church after a lunch last Thursday, a traffic police stopped me. I was very clear why I was stopped – picking up a phone call while driving.

A traffic offence had been committed and I apologized up-front.

“Bagaimana sekarang? (How now?)” the police asked.

“A summon will cost you RM150,” he continued.

“I am a Christian, I can’t give you money,” I answered.

“However, we certainly can have a drink together should you wish to,” I continued.

Upon hearing this, he let me go without issuing a summon:-)

A traffic police who wish to receive bribes would always ask an offender to propose a solution instead of issuing summon straightaway. Be firm when you encounter this situation. Just tell them that you are a Christian and can’t give them money. And most of the time they will let you go :-)

But the best thing to do is – don’t commit any traffic offence.

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well done! brother