Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day +983 : A new camera

I am fine today.

I purchased a new camera today, Canon Digital Ixus 870 IS with a cost of RM1200. The main features of the camera:
  • 10.0 Mega pixels
  • 28mm wide angle
  • 4x Optical zoom
  • 3.0” LCD PureColor II
  • Optical image stabilizer
  • DiG!C 4 image processor
This camera was released 17 Sep 2008 and thus considered to be of relatively new model. In fact I was looking for Isus 860 IS but only to find out that it was obsolete already.

My wife and I checked the price of the camera in a number of shops in IOI mall and finally decided to purchase it from Bintang Maju Commercial Sdn Bhd due to the availability of stock and also the lower price they could offer. One shop offered RM1279 and the other one RM1260.

I had my first digital camera, Canon PowerShot 400, in November 2004 with a cost of RM799. I am very happy with the camera and almost all the photos that I posted on this blog were taken using this camera. However, the camera experienced some glitches recently. Quite often, when I wanted to take photo, the camera failed to response when the shutter button was pressed. I have to wait for a while and press the button again, only then the camera starts to focus and take photo. This can be very embarrassing when everybody is ready but the camera failed to work.

“Hold on, hold on, the camera is thinking!”

That was what I told those who are very tired smiling there.

I believe this camera will serve me in the coming four to five years, and hopefully with this, you will see better picture on this blog :-)

The camera - weighting 155g only
Another view
See you next post :-)

No comments: