Friday, March 06, 2009

Day +975 : Probably it was just a simple infection

I am fine today.

I went to see Dr. Chu in the asthma clinic (previously referred as chest clinic) this afternoon as a walk-in patient. There were a lot of patients. Since I was a walk-in patient, I was the last to see the doctor even though my queue number was earlier than many patients.

I reached there at about 2:15pm and got to see the doctor only at about 5:00pm. However, while waiting for my turn, I was busy preparing sermon to be delivered on the coming Sunday. So the long waiting didn’t bother me at all.

Dr. Chu was very friendly. After some conversation and examination, he said that it is quite unlikely I am having active tuberculosis (TB) at the moment. He came to this conclusion based on the following arguments:

  1. I feel I am better
  2. The 2nd x-ray taken indicated that the right pleural effusion diminished. The right pleural effusion would never diminish should I have active TB.

He suspected the coughing and pleural effusion that I experienced was most probably due to a simple infection. However, he asked me to have another x-ray taken 6 weeks from now to see if the condition improves.

I strongly believe that the right pleural effusion will be gone in 6 weeks time :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: