Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day +587 : Finally, he married his princess :-)

I am fine today.

My neighbor in the kampong, Ting Kuok Dai (Ah Dai), is getting married today. We were very close - up to the point that we treated each other brothers. His sister is the one that I blogged about on Day +357 and Day +358 : A very cheap Tokyo trip, interested?

He hosted his wedding lunch in Sibu, Sarawak and my brother Richard managed to go back to Sibu to attend his wedding lunch. Unlike here, people in my hometown used to have wedding lunch rather than wedding dinner.

Another common practice nowadays is the one who host the wedding do not accept any monetary gift (贺仪). If I remember correctly, such practice is normally specified in the wedding invitation card as 礼仪尽辞(No gift will be accepted). In return of attending the wedding feast for free, the attendees would normally advertise the marriage in the local newspaper. So it is very common to see “marriage advertisement” in the newspapers there :-)

We wish him to have a blessed and successful marriage life.

A photo with Ah Dai (middle one) July last year.
See you next post :-)

No comments: