Friday, February 08, 2008

Day +583 : What I did the first day of Chinese New Year?

I am fine today.

Like last year, the very first group of people that I visited was the patients in the heamatology ward in University Hospital (UH). Before I went to the ward, I dropped by the hypermarket, Tesco, to purchase a few boxes of Chinese oranges for the nurses and patients.

I managed to visit all the twenty over patients in the ward, giving each patient an orange. I also managed to talk to some of the patients.

One of the patients that I talked to was a woman in her 60s. She was treated for lymphoma 3 years ago but unfortunately she experienced a relapse while she was visiting her daughter in London.

After “suffering” a month of treatment in a hospital in London, her daughter transferred her back to continue the treatment in UH. The reason that she suffered there was because of food; she was not used to the western food.

“I eat curry – Indian food, but comparing to the western food, I rather have Chinese food,” she said.

“What? Indian food?”

“My husband is an Indian,” she explained.

“Do you speak Indian language?”

“I speak Tamil,” she replied.

She is a Hokkien. She speaks English quite well. Because her husband is an Indian, she managed to master Tamil. Not only this, she used to travel regularly to Bangkok and London, visiting her son and daughter.

“With this disease comes back again, I could not travel anymore,” he said helplessly.

I sincerely hope that she will have a successful treatment so that she could travel freely again.

In the afternoon, I brought my mother-in-law, my wife, Adriel and Aaron to Sunway Pyramid for a walk. Daniel and Joseph wanted to play computer games at home.

My brother Richard treated us a steamboat dinner in the evening.

A photo outside Sunyway Pyramid
Happy Aaron and Adriel
My wife and me
My mother-in-law with the giant Yuan Bao(元宝)
Steam boat
Enjoying the steam boat dinner
A group photo with Richard, the one that I grip is Richard's son Dennis
The "illegal" rocket show after the meal. If we run into trouble with the police, we would engage V.K. Lingam and I believe in defending our case, he would say, "Looks like Rocket, Sounds like Rocket." and then throw the ball to the police. Now is the police job to "reverse" the time to catch us on the spot :-)
Ignited, just before take-off
See you next post :-)

No comments: