Saturday, February 02, 2008

Day +577 : Talk to the right person and be “fierce” :-) (1)

I am fine today.

The TP-Link ADSL router modem that was purchased less than two months ago broke down last Thursday after a heavy downpour with lightning, even though I put it on the Belkin Surge Protector as I blogged on Day +498 : A new modem and surge protector.

I tried to install a spare ZyXEL wireless ADSL router modem that was returned to me last month after a warranty claim. The modem was damaged by lightning as well. It was very disappointing to find out that the ZyXEL modem was not working as well; showed no power at all :-( So on Friday, I sent two ADSL modems for warranty claim.

Apart from this, I had another ADSL modem, Prolink Hurricane 9000P, under warranty claim. I purchased this product from TechShop in IOI mall just before I went for bone marrow transplant in year 2006.

The modem broke down just before the warranty was expired. I sent the modem for warranty claim on 5 May 2007, but not long later they informed me that they had problem claiming the warranty for me because their boss quarreled with the modem supplier. They proposed me to purchase another modem from them with some discount. I declined this offer for two reasons. Firstly, there is no reason that I should spend extra to get a modem with the same functionalities. Secondly, the TechShop products were priced ridiculously high; it fetched a higher price than any other shop even after discount.

I told them, “I don’t care what dispute you have with the modem supplier. I just want my modem back.”

I called them on and off and visited them a number of times without getting the issue resolved.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: