Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day +498 : A new modem and surge protector

I am fine today.

I sent the faulty modem for warranty claim on Monday. The company which I purchased it from told me that it would normally takes two weeks to get it repaired. This would leave me without internet access at home for quite a long time. As I am somehow “addicted” to the internet, I could not wait for that long. So I purchased a new modem today. It is a China made product called TP-Link TD-8100 Router Modem, and unimaginably it costs RM85 only :-)

To protect the modem and other devices from being damaged by power surge or lightning again, I purchased a Belkin Surge Protector which costs RM128. The surge protector comes with life-time warranty and RM10,000.00 insurance. This means that I could claim up to RM10,000.00 should any devices connected to the surge protector get damaged by power surge :-)

I am not the only unlucky one whose modem was damaged by lightning on last Sunday. My sister and one of her friend’s modem were also fall victim to the lightning. We are all staying at the same “taman (residential area)”. I believe there were many more modems damaged in this “taman”.

With the surge protector installed now, I can leave the modem and computer powered on 24 hours hour with peace of mind :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: