Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day +503 : Sarawak’s Kampua Mee (干盘面)

I am fine today.

Kampua Mee is one of the most popular noodles consumed by FooChow in Sarawak. It is similar to Wantan Mee here, but more suit to our taste. It may be because we are so get used to it due to its popularity there.

My wife’s brother-in-law is very kind. He knows that we “rindu (fond of)” Kampua very much, so he went to pack 15 plates of the Mee and asked my sister-in-law to bring them here yesterday :-) .

Everyone in the house have the delicious noodle for breakfast this morning :-)

A photo of the simple noodle that traveled thousand km to KL; it should be fully digested by someone now :-)
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sir,

Yes, the noodle is very tasty and I tried it once before, one of my colleague brought it from Sarawak.

I am not sure whether the Sarawak Mee in the Puchong Food court (opposite the tesco and beside the furniture shop) is the same or not?

David said...

SzuKiak,

I am glad that you like it too.

I think the Puchong Food court one should be more or less the the same, but it is too pricey. I can get less than RM2 per big plate in some part of Sarawak, but it could cost RM4 easily here :-(