Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day +500 : The best ever home-made food

I am fine today.

It is our turn to host our church's weekly cell group meeting today. As usual, we prepared some supper for the members to enjoy after the meeting.

My wife and I decided to try something new, and after going through some of the cook books, we finally decided to fry Hokkien Mee.

As this is the first time I cook Hokkien Mee, I decided to try it first in the afternoon by following through the recipe strictly. The Mee was almost un-edible because it was too salty :-( This means that we need to adjust the recipe a little bit.

When I cook it again in the evening, I avoided adding salt altogether and also reduced the amount of light soy sauce. The result is quite good this time though I still find it a little bit salty. Like any another skills, cooking needs a lot practices. I believe I would be able to adjust the ingredient correctly next time I cook the Mee.

Daniel likes Hokkien Mee a lot, and he was so delighted to have it for dinner.

“It tastes exactly like the one we eat in restaurant.”

“It is the best ever home-made food; I wonder how you cook it.”

I promise to show him how to cook next time I fry the Mee :-)

A kg of Hokkien Mee, I fried 2 kgs in the evening.

A zoom-in of the ready-to-eat Hokkien Mee.See you next post :-)

No comments: