Friday, November 02, 2007

Day +485 : Finally, we got the warrant for the free air ticket

I am fine today.

I called Malaysia Airlines (MAS) again to extend the booking of our year-end holiday air ticket. Instead of giving me one week extension, this time they are willing to extend the booking for four days only. This means that the deadline to collect the ticket is next Tuesday.

As I mentioned earlier in my bog Day +472 (The free ticket was approved, but they are running out of money temporarily), the staff in the finance unit told my wife that they are running out of money. Therefore we have to wait for the next allocation of fund. What worried us is that if such allocation is getting delayed too much, MAS might simply cancelled our booking :-(

Fortunately, when my wife called the finance department yesterday, they confirmed that the fund arrived and the warrant was ready for collection :-)

Since we have to collect the air ticket as soon as possible, my wife and I went to the education department in Shah Alam this afternoon to collect the warrant. One thing that puzzled us was that the staff in the account unit passed the warrant to us without the authorization signature from the finance unit. MAS would not accept the warrant without the signature. A colleague of my wife was denied ticket collection by MAS office with the unsigned warrant :-( He had to revisit the education department to get the signature and then went to MAS office again to get the ticket. What a waste of time and effort!

Luckily, he warned my wife earlier about this; else we would have to do exactly what he did – running here and there for nothing.

The clerk only gets the proper signature after my wife requested for it; they should get the signature ready by default before handing it over to the applicant. What a “tidak-apa (couldn’t care less)” attitude! With this type of attitude, Malaysia Mana Boleh?

Despite all this, we are still glad that we finally got the air ticket worth more than RM4,300 :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: