Saturday, November 03, 2007

Day +486 : Visit a friend with breast cancer

I am fine today.

A colleague of my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer on Wednesday. My wife and I paid her a visit before we went to collect our travel warrant yesterday afternoon.

My wife’s colleague is a very strong lady. Despite diagnosed with the cancer, she still looked cheerful. When she went to school to handle her sick leave, the headmistress was quite amazed seeing how positive she faced the crisis and asked about her religion. My wife’s colleague told the headmistress that she is a Christian and she leaves everything to God. The headmistress said that she admired the way Christians handle their crisis and then quoted my wife as an example – positive, cheerful and brave.

I shared with her my treatment experience and also how I went through the ordeal with my strong faith in God. Before we left, we read Psalm 23 together with her and then prayed for her. She said she was so encouraged and touched by the bible verses and prayer.

She would have a mastectomy next Tuesday. After that, she has to go through 6 rounds of chemotherapies and then followed by radiotherapies.

Lastly, we pray that her treatment will be successful and may God’s healing be upon her.

See you next post :-)

No comments: