Friday, November 23, 2007

Day +506 : Enjoy Satay Celup or Satay Lok Lok

I am fine today.

I brought my family and my sister-in-law family to enjoy Satay Celup in of the night market nearby our house this evening. This type of food used to be found in Melacca only. It had been many years since I last enjoyed the food in Melacca.

The Cuti Malaysia website provides the following description about Satay Lok Lok:
“Satay celup or satay steamboat only found in Malacca, are assortment of raw and semi-cooked seafood, meat and vegetables on skewers that are dunked into a boiling pot of water and eaten withsauce that is similar to the ubiquitious satay sauce but ha s different ingredients”

We do not need to travel all the way to Melacca to enjoy this special food now as there are many mobile Satay Lok Lok stalls available in our area. As all these mobile stalls bear the name “肥佬碌碌” (The fat guy lok lok), I am quite sure that they are belong to the same owner.

This is the first time I ever eat Satay Lok Lok after my bone marrow transplant :-)

The mobile Satay Lok Lok stall. The sauce.
Cooking...
Daniel and my wife.
Joseph.
My sister-in-law, her daughter and eldest son.
Adriel.
My sister-in-law's 2nd son.
Most of the childre having the food for the firs time.

See you next post :-)

No comments: