Sunday, February 03, 2008

Day +578 : Talk to the right person and be “fierce” :-) (2)

I am fine today.

Few weeks ago they offered me another option; pickup any modem from them and pay just RM100. I went to the shop last Saturday, thinking of picking up a wireless ADSL modem. Since the Prolink Hurricane 9000P was not a wireless modem, I was willing to pay RM100 for the wireless feature.

But when I went there to pick up the modem, they said I could have a non-wireless modem only and still had to pay RM100. This irritated me and made me “fierce”. I asked the staff to put me through to his boss immediately, and “fired” the boss like a machine gun continuously for 2 minutes; threatening to bring the case to Consumer Tribunal and to publish it in newspaper. Their boss became speechless for many seconds even after I stopped my “fire”.

In the end, he allowed me to take away a non-wireless ADSL modem without paying anything :-)

The lesson learned is “talk to the right person, the one that has the right to make decision; else we are just wasting our time.” Of course, to be a little bit “fierce” might help too :-)

Anyway, I did apologize to the staff that was "hit by strayed bullets." I knew he was innocent :-(

The replacement modem
See you next post :-)

No comments: