Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Day +581 : Chinese New Year Eve

I am fine today.

I went with my wife to do Chinese New Year shopping early in the morning. We managed to reach home at 12:30pm only. After a simple lunch and a short rest, we started to cook for the New Year Eve dinner. As we were having combined dinner with my fourth sister’s family who stayed just a few lanes away, we didn’t need to cook too many dishes.

Now let me introduces to you what dishes we have tonight :-)

(1)Deep-fried special seafood bean curd (招牌豆腐) - cooked by me :-) (2) Fried Meehon Singapore Style (星洲米粉) - cooked by me :-)
(3)Ku Low Yok (咕嚕肉) - cooked by me :-) Heng Wei said it tastes better than those in restaurant
(4) Sweet and sour fish maw soup (酸甜鱼鳔汤) - cooked by my wife, very delicious :-)
A zoom in view of the delicious soup
(5)Salak - prepared by my mother-in-law
The following dishes were prepared by my sister.

(6)Emperor chicken (帝皇鸡)
(7)Steam fish
(8) Mixed vegetable
(9)Mushroom chicken soup
(10)Roasted chicken
(11) Mee Sua

(1)DessertThat was all we have for the dinner - 12 dishes :-)

Aaron

Adriel and Aaron
Since we had 20 person having dinner together, we had it "buffet" style for simplicity
My wife and me

You might wonder why I din't post photo of Joseph and Daniel. They rush upstairs to play computer games before I even had a chance to take a photo of them :-)

Remembering that I was still doing chemotherapy in the hospital during the Chinese New Year Eve two years ago, I am very grateful to be able to prepare and to have the New Year Eve dinner with my family this year. It is indeed a tremendous blessing for me to be alive to celebrate another Chinese New Year. I give praise to God for his abundant blessing upon me during the past and I am very sure this blessing will continue in time to come :-)

Aiya! Hungry again looking at those dishes :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: