Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day +357 : A very cheap Tokyo trip, interested? (1)

I am fine today.

I have a ‘sister’ who is staying in Japan now. We were neighbours in Sarawak. As we grew up together, we treat each other like brother and sister.

After she completed her Form Five study, she managed to secure a polytechnic course in Kuching, Sarawak. On thing I remembered very clearly was that, when she happily showed the offer letter from the polytechnic to her grandmother, her grandmother reluctant to let her to go for the course. This is because her grandmother was a little bit biased toward the girl (重男轻女). I finally persuaded her grandmother to let her to go for the course. Two reasons I managed to do this: I have a ‘three inches no rotten tongue (三寸不烂之舌)’ or glib tongue and her grandmother respect me because I am a boy :-)

Very fortunately, she later got a 7 years government and 2 years Epson scholarship to study in Japan, which allowed her to earn a Master Degree in electronics in the end.

She then got married to a Filipino Chinese and lives happily in Japan with one child :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh~ that's good!