Friday, June 15, 2007

Day +345 : Hainan chicken rice, really that good? (一言惊醒梦中人)

I am fine today.

When we reached Malacca last week, the first thing that we do is to try the famous Hainan chicken rice. The chicken rice shop opposite the Christ Church was so popular that many customers had to queue up for meal. After queuing for about 20 minutes, we managed to get seats for lunch. Photo of us enjoying the chicken rice can be viewed here.

Before the trip, I told everyone how special and delicious this Hainan chicken rice is, and while we enjoyed the chicken rice there, I praised about the chicken rice again.

“What is so good about this chicken rice? The chicken and rice are too soft,” my wife said. The two nieces also agreed with my wife. They said that my wife’s Hainan chicken rice is better than this one :-) You can see a photo the chicken rice that my wife cooked here.

With their words, I suddenly realized that this chicken rice was not as good as what I initially thought (一言惊醒梦中人). What other people said about the chicken rice (everyone said that it is delicious), together with the popularity of the chicken rice shop had influenced my perception toward the chicken rice :-(

If not for their words, I would brought my family to eat chicken rice at the chicken rice shop again before we left Malacca, and that means we had to take the trouble to queue for seats again.

See you next post :-)

No comments: