Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day +340 : An accident and a new 'tail'

I am fine today.

Yesterday night, my nephew driving my old Proton Wira, met with an accident. He made an emergency brake at the traffic light. Someone hit the car fiercely from behind. He said he needed to brake suddenly because the traffic light countdown meter jumped from 30s to 0s, from Green light to Red light, suddenly. We really don’t know how the counter can skip 30s suddenly? Could it be due to a bug of the countdown meter or simply of bug (mistake) of my nephew?

Anyway, no matter whose bug was it, the poor guy who hit my car was guilty :-( He had to bear the repair cost for both cars, most probably through claiming his car insurance. The front part of his car was badly damaged, and the rear part of my car was badly damaged too, but we were so relieved to hear that no one was ‘damaged’ :-) Both drivers and passengers were safe.

The rear part of my car including the bonnet has to be replaced. It would take one week to repair the car.

How could we see positively of an incident like this? What I can say is - with this accident, my car is blessed with a new ‘tail’ :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: