Friday, June 08, 2007

Day +338 : Fulfilling a promise

I am fine today.

On my blog Day +286 (Not Fair?), I mentioned that I promised Daniel a very good buffet meal. I fulfilled this promise today – 52 days later - by bringing him to the Sun & Surf Café at Sunway Resort Hotel for a buffet lunch.

Citibank credit card holder enjoyed 50% discount of the total bill. However, the offer is valid only from Monday to Friday and non public holiday until the end of this month. As the school will start next week, today is the last chance for me to bring him for the buffet.

In fact I felt quite lazy to go for the buffet. I was thinking of ways to avoid the buffet and yet still fulfilling the promise. I offered to exchange the buffet with cash but he turned down this offer. In the end, I have no choice but to bring him for the lunch in order to keep my promise :-(

He was charged children rate and yet he ate like adult :-) He told me this was the best buffet he ever had. I agreed with him. There were so many foods to enjoy. One guy seated next to our table consumed more than 10 fresh oysters :-) I still don't dare to eat raw seafood at the moment due to immunosuppression.

I could not bring along my wife as she was busy giving tuition in school today.

Daniel enjoying the food.
A photo taken with Daniel.
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog while using the "next blog" feature. I just wanted to say that you have a lovely family, and I pray for your continued healing. God bless you!

David said...

Nice to meet you here and May God bless you too :-)