Monday, June 25, 2007

Day +355 : I don’t need to pay a cent? (1)

I am fine today.

This afternoon, I went to the workshop with my nephew to collect my car that was involved in an accident two weeks ago. I blogged about this on Day +340 : An accident and a new ‘tail’.

The workshop asked for a RM200 processing fee which my nephew angrily rebutted. The workshop agent who persuaded my nephew to repair the car at the workshop promised not to charge him anything. In order to make the agent kept the promise, my nephew wrote a note on the service order, “I don’t need to pay a cent,” and asked the agent to sign besides it.

My nephew is good in English, the note might means that he doesn’t need to pay anything, but to people like me, who is not that good in English, it just simply means that he doesn’t need to pay if the workshop charge him a cent only, and he has to pay anything other than a cent, including the RM200 :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: