Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day +354 : Good soup! Good soup! (好汤! 好汤!)

I am fine today.

Among the four children, Daniel is the one who is most choosy in food. Most of the time, he is reluctant to take meal because the dishes do not suit his taste. In spite of this, he still grows very fast recently :-) He will eat a lot if he is served with his favorite dishes; else he will just tell us he is not hungry but silently fills his stomach with junk food :-(

When we were having holiday at Port Dickson, my mother-in-law, Daniel and my two nieces had a steamboat dinner at the hotel. The dinner was included in the hotel package.

The portion that was provided was pitifully small. Daniel kept on complaining the food was not enough. He drank a lot of soup because he liked it very much, but there was no way to satisfy his appetite by drinking soup only. My niece asked the waiter whether they could provide more Mee. Of course the waiter said they can, but with a charge.

A couple sat next to them just finished the dinner and left the dining table. They left a lot of food on the table, my nieces “sapu(sweep)” all the remaining foods from the table :-) What a brave girl! Dare to “curi (steal)” in broad daylight (光天化日).

With this, Daniel was very satisfied and happy. “Good soup! Good soup! (好汤!好汤!), he repeated saying on the way back to hotel room. He told me he liked the dinner very much, but did not mention to me they “curi (steal)” someone’s food. My niece told us the story later :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: