Saturday, July 07, 2007

Day +367 : The countdown reaches 0, the launching….

I am fine today.

On the 5th of April 2007, my company fixed the launching date of our next generation software on 7 July 2007, which is today. I wrote about this on my Day +274 and Day +275 blog. Since then, we started to countdown for the launching.

Unfortunately, we are unable to launch the software because some crucial part of the software is not completed. So, instead of launching the software, we ‘launch’ ourselves into a hotel, Sheraton Subang, for a BBQ buffet dinner :-)

Am I upset with the dealy? No, no. We are just learning from Microsoft which always delays the release of their products. With this ‘positive’ thinking, I feel very happy because now our company is comparable to the world software giant, Microsoft :-)

After the delicious dinner, we reset the countdown counter and aim for the launching on 29 September 2007. This launching will be of ‘no return’ as the sales department will start the launching campaign very soon. We expect to attract more than 500 engineers to the launching event.

A photo taken during the dinner.
A cholocate fountain.
See you next post :-)

No comments: