Friday, July 13, 2007

Day +373 : Life in home village (1)

I am fine today.

The AirAsia flight to Sibu was very punctual yesterday. I reached Sibu a little bit ahead of schedule. The flight was not full, so I managed to secure one seat for my notebook computer :-) Buy one, free one :-) I even fastened the seat belt for the notebook to take-off :-)

Not bad, flying in the air for the first time since bone marrow transplant :-)

This morning, I am having breakfast with my neighbour in Sibu. As our house is situated next each other in the village, we were very close when we were young. I blogged about his sister on my Day +357 blog : A very cheap Tokyo trip, interested?
After the breakfast, I drove to my home village, Sungai Mador, Bintangor. In order to reach Bintangor and Sarikei (my wife’s home town), we had to cross the Rejang River using ferry. For the first time ever, I enjoyed the convenience of crossing the Rejang River through a bridge to go home. Residents here had been waiting for the bridge for a very long time and finally they got it. With the bridge, the residents here no longer need to tolerate long queue to board the ferry, especially during seasonal period such as Hari Raya, Gawai Day and Chinese New Year.

The first thing I wanted to do when I reached home was to look for fruit to eat. Since there was no fruit to harvest at home, I went to buy fruits from fruit stall on the road side.

The fruit stall on the roadside along the way between Sibu and Bintangor.
These are delicious Bintangor oranges which are only available in Sarawak.

A good buy (满载而归), especially the pineapples which are very sweet and tasty :-)
The motorcycle gave me a big shock because when I tried to apply the brake, I only found out that the rear brake did not work. Luckily, the front brake worked; else I already fell into the ‘longkang’(drain) :-) I was wondering how my brothers could manipulate the motorcycle without brake.

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Anna[/url]