Monday, July 16, 2007

Day +376 : Life in home village (4)

I am fine today. I am now on the flight from Sibu to KL. Not bad AirAsia, this time 15 minutes delay only for the last flight :-)

I drove from my home village, Sg. Mador to Sibu in the early morning. When I reached Sibu, the first thing that I did was to purchase some ‘Gong Biscuit’(光饼) for my wife. Gong Biscuit is a Foochow food which is not available in KL.

After buying the biscuits, I ordered Fried-Soup Mee(炒煮面) for breakfast at the Sibu market:-)

A very big bowl of Fried-soup Mee cost RM2.50 only. More delicious than the one that I had in Bintangor.
After the breakfast, I roamed around the market and took some photos. The market is huge. It hosts hundreds of stalls. This following photo was taken in the middle, so the size is double of the one shown here.You would be fascinated how they sell live chickens - wrapped them using newspaper! As simple as that :-)
Three dejected (垂头丧气) roosters :-( Big-head prawns – a type of plain water prawn. The stall owner told me that he caught the prawns using fishing net. It cost RM35.00 per kg only :-) I returned to my 2nd sister house after visiting the market. I slept most of the time as I became tired very easily lately.

My neighbor invited me and my sister family for dinner in the evening. He ordered crispy and delicious ‘Philippine Pork Leg’. A big dish cost RM23.00 only.
Photo with my neighbour and my 2nd sister during the dinner. All the foods are healthy except the pork leg :-)After the dinner, my sister sent me to airport. Apart from the Gong Biscuits, I also brought back a few chickens:-) These chickens are more delicious than the one in KL :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

ront said...

i miss home when i see these pictures

David said...

are you from Sibu?