Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day +363 : The dog wants to eat me!

I am fine today.

I fetch Adriel from kindergarten after work every evening. One day, when we just reached home from the kindergarten, Adriel shouted, “The dog wants to eat me!” and quickly jumped back into the car. She was afraid because a dog was approaching her.

To many of us, the phrase “The dog wants to eat me!” is well exaggerated. It is extremely rare to find a dog that eats human, isn’t it? But I understand that she still didn’t have enough vocabulary to express her fear properly and what she actually meant was “The dog wants to bite me!” With this understanding, I would not regard her as boaster :-)

In life, many tragedies happened due to lack of understanding. Very often we fail to understand why people behave in such an unreasonable way – a way beyond our comprehension. For example, a wife who experienced failure in parent’s marriage might lose her sense of security instantly when she sees her husband talking with other ladies. If the husband failed to understand his wife, then quarrels and bitterness will be unavoidable.

If we exercise the same understanding and tolerance towards other people as a little child, many disputes could be avoided :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: