Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day +370 : Adriel is sick again :-(

I am fine today.

When I went to kindergarten to fetch Adriel yesterday evening, the teacher hold the sleeping Adriel to my car and told me that Adriel was having fever. I was having ‘headache’ when I knew this. It was not because I ‘sayang (love)’ her more than other children, but it was because she always refuses to take medicine.

On the way back, I brought her to see a doctor. Doctor prescribed cough syrup, antibiotic and Paracetamol for her. She refused to take Paracetamol. My wife and I had to force her to drink it. She managed to consume the required dosage only after many attempts :-( Since there was no way for us to force her to take the antibiotic, we just leave it aside first.

At 3:00am in the morning, she had fever again. I encouraged her to drink Paracetamol and let her consume a small amount at a time. After she swallowed the Paracetamol, I clapped my hand, praised her and even danced in front of her. She felt very happy and finished the Paracetamol quite fast. When I saw this tactic work, I started to give her antibiotic and she finished it quite fast too :-)

After feeding her the medicine, I was very tired of clapping hands and dancing :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: