Monday, June 30, 2008

Day +726 : Respiratory Function Test

I am fine today.

I did the Respiratory Function Test (RFT) in UH this morning. The purpose of the test is to study whether my lungs are affected by GVHD. The other test which needs to be done is the CT Scan of my lungs which was scheduled on 9th July, 2008.

I am the first one who did the test this morning, and the test was completed in half an hour.

I did the same test before I did my bone marrow transplant about two years ago. However, I have forgotten how the test should be done. The lab staff explained to me a few times how I should breathe during the test. In order to get correct result, I had to repeat the test many times.

The lab staff passed a copy of the RTF result to me after the test, but I don’t know how to interpret the result. I will pass the result to my hematologist during the next follow-up.

The total cost of the test is RM60, but I didn’t pay the fee because I am covered under my wife’s medical benefit :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: