Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day +708 : Recovering well, early discharge possible

My Blood Count Yesterday: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 121[147] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 108[125] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 4.5[7.9] (Normal 4 - 11)
ALT = 65[79] (Normal 30 – 65)
AST = 52[70] (Normal 15-37)
ALP = 173[230]

I am fine today.

Yeah! I still have internet in the new ward!

I was very surprised to see yesterday blood count readings drop so sharply. The blood profile didn’t even look like mine. Doctor said certain kind of infections might suppress the bone marrow in producing blood, but if this is the case, why the non blood count related readings such as ALT, AST and ALP also drop together. It is just like the blood is being diluted. Never mind, just see the result on the next blood test on Friday.

I am feeling even better today. No more fever even without Panadol.

I am no longer given nebulization since we shifted to the new ward yesterday. Still cough quite frequently and the wheezing sound from the left chest still can be heard.

Doctor said that my situation is improving, if my condition is stable – no fever and no wheezing sound, I might be able to go home early :-)

How about the new ward? Very new and nice! The room is more like those that you can get from the private hospital now, but there are still a little bit problems here and there.

The air-conditioner in the room is extremely cold; definitely colder than the temperature on Genting Highland Resort. I have to wear a jacket, socks and use three blankets and a double-folded comforter to be able to sleep :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: