Monday, June 16, 2008

Day +712 : Home, so good!

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 144[123] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 230[131] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 11.1[4.5] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.98[10.20] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
ALT = 59[71] (Normal 30 – 65)
AST = 21[57] (Normal 15-37)
ALP = 126[134]

I am fine today.

All HB, platelet and white blood count readings increase sharply today. It seems like either the infection or medication causes the blood count unstable. Generally, they are all within the normal range.

Another x-ray was taken this morning and again it showed that my lungs are clear. In addition to this, the blood culture taken on last Sunday night is still culture-negative.

I have completed the iv antibiotics Tazocin and Azithromycin, so the doctor discharged me today.

Doctor would like to maintain a daily dosage of Prednisolon to 30mg (6 tablets) first. The dosage will be reduced gradually starting from next follow-up which is scheduled on next Monday. Apart from this, the Penicillin which I used to take daily is also replaced with Augmentin.

Just a small infection keeping me staying in hospital for 9 days eight nights. It is no fun to have infection.

However, now the stay is over and I really feel so good to be at home.

I thank God for protecting me and all of you who visit and pray for me.

May God bless you!

See you next post :-)

No comments: