Friday, June 27, 2008

Day +723 : Now heaven is Dr. Choo’s (朱哥哥) home (1)

I am fine today.

I received a sms from a senior Pastor – my old classmate - in Miri carrying the following message:

已故朱星亮医生的盖棺礼拜确定在本星期日下午一时正于医院举行,追思礼拜是二时正在美安堂举行。—陆牧师发于27/6,7:25pm。

This sudden message told me that my dear good brother in Christ is gone; leaving all his work and burden in this world, returning to his eternal home in heaven where there is no more pain, crying and pain, but enjoy forever the peace and joy of God as what the Bible has promised.

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Dr. Choo is a very devoted Christian and serves the Lord very hard. He was frequently invited to speak in camps, trainings and other church functions. So I know him since I was young.

When I started my first job in Miri, I went to Mei Ann Methodist Church where Dr. Choo is also attending. Since then we developed good friendship. He treated me like his brother and frequently invite me to his home for dinner.

Dr. Choo likes wild delicacies (野味) very much. I remember when I was in Miri, he used to treat me and my wife with home-cooked soft-shelled turle (水鱼) :-) Not only this, he used to prepare the dishes himself, and I must say that he is a good cook.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: