Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day +725 : Now heaven is Dr. Choo’s (朱哥哥) home (3)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

I didn’t know about his latest development since I visited him last April. In fact when I was in the hospital, I had the idea of calling him, but because I am afraid he might worry about my condition, so I didn’t make the call.

According to some blog entry here, I understand that he fell down about one month ago and the wound found on the right leg was unable to heal due to liver problem. The wound spread to the upper part of the leg and turned black on Thursday, 26 June. The doctor severed the leg in an effort to save his life but due to low platelet count and internal bleeding, Dr. Choo passed away on Friday, 27 June.

Dr. Choo’s over 60-year old life in this earth had influenced many people to dedicate their life to God. Many of them became pastors and preachers. He had done a very good job for the Lord in his short pilgrimage to this earth.

And now, he completed his beautiful work in this earth and enjoys the eternal peace in heaven with Jesus Christ.

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7-8

Dr. Choo is survived by his wife and a daughter.

I am glad to be able to visit him last April. He will be always in my memory - a good friend and a brother in Christ.

A photo with Dr. Choo (left) during my last trip to Miri April this year.
See you next post :-)

No comments: