Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day +707 : The stay is extended

I am fine today.

I am feeling a lot better today – without fever, less cough and could sleep quite well last night.

Doctor came to draw blood early in the morning to allow for the shifting to 9th floor. I will post the result tomorrow as the patient normally gets to see the result file in the afternoon.

I am very likely to have pneumonia and the iv antibiotic, Azithromycin for treating it, will have to be administered in 3 days; one dose per day. But I am special – because my immune system is suppressed with Ciclosporin and Prednisolon, so the antibiotic has to be administered in 7 days. The first dose started yesterday, so the last dose would be on Monday. With this, the earliest date I can be discharged is on next Monday :-(

However, I am not too sad about this extension. You see, I have been staying in the hospital for so long already, it really doesn’t make much different to stay just a few more days :-)

Again, whatever outcome, just trust our Lord Jesus. He is good :-)

I post early today as I don’t know if I still can get internet connection in the new ward. I hope I get can the connection so that I can continue to blog about my progress.

See you next post :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Good to read you again!
Sorry to hear about the extension, but somehow on the other hand great to know that it doesn't bother you all that much.

Once, I had a little visit to the emergency ward and admitted for a night. The admission was purely for observation purpose and to wait for blood test result; The night went by slowly and noisily; couldnt sleep coz of the constant checkups, plus other patients in the ward being in worse shape than I was;

I was actually thankful for being there (some might say 大吉利是 :P), ironically, because God was very close...

May you have a good time healing and recovering.
God bless :)

David said...

Hi Brother ywseng,

Great to see your comment on my blog.

Yes, this is how the guest is treated- better than staying in any 5-star hotel :-)

May God bless you.

David

Sharon Ngan said...

Dear David,

Is not mistaken, actually you can claim your wife's teacher group hospitalization insurance under “daily government hospital admitted” claim.
If need my help, please let me know.

Kuok Chai

David said...

Yes, Sharon.

The hospitalization claim is still in place. Sincere appreciation goes to you and Kuok Chai for offering assistance selflessly.

I will get in touch with you after I am discharged from the hospital.

David

lim said...

Hope you will get well soon

Raymond

Unknown said...

Hi Sir,

Take care sir! Again, superman is unbeatable.

David said...

Thank you, Raymond and SzuKiak :-)