Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day +724 : Now heaven is Dr. Choo’s (朱哥哥) home (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

Dr. Choo is a dentist. When I was working in Miri, I experienced gum disease quite regularly which result in gum inflammation – a condition called gingivitis. In one occasion, I experienced serious gum inflammation. It was caused by infection due to the deep-growth of plaque (tartar) toward the root of two of my front teeth.

I went to see Dr. Choo. He said he needed to cut open the gum and clear pus for me. But before the operation, he invited me for a breakfast together :-) He really cut very deep into the gum and scratched off all the plaque for me. He then stitched the gum back again. It was quite scary to see the big cut – with all those plaque and pus - which he showed me through the mirror. With this operation, I managed to keep the teeth until now :-)

When I left Miri to work in KL, Dr. Choo kept in touch with me regularly. He always found time to visit me when he came to KL. When we talked through the telephone, he always addressed me with a very warm, excited and long tone, “Sie Kiew………..” first :-)

Dr. Choo was very enthusiastic in Discipleship Training programme. He conducted the course in the church every year. Even after he was diagnosed with liver cancer a few years ago he never stop serving the Lord, including continue conducting this programme.

When I met visited him April this year, he told me he was still conducting the training programme in China. In one occasion, he encountered a serious health problem due his liver problem until he had to end the training program earlier and came back to Malaysia.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: