Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day +711 : Try to be smart

I am fine today.

I feel very well today.

The Braunüle on my right hand started to cause pain yesterday morning. The pain intensified until the nurse had to pull it off in the noon time. The hand was a little bit swollen and it was just like getting stung by bee :-(

The Braunüle was fixed on Sunday night and according to doctor, they would normally keep it for 3 to 4 days only. The one that I had was already in service for more than 5 days and it was in fact about time to replace it, but I thought I could keep it a little bit longer – perhaps until the discharge, so that I don’t have to bear the pain to fix another one.

This attempt proved to be wrong. It ended up that the pain caused by the “over-stay” Braunüle was a lot greater than the pain in fixing a new one :-( The loss outweighs the gain (得不偿失).

Dare not to be smart anymore next time.

The new Braunüle.

See you next post :-)

No comments: