Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day +706 : Intense cough and fever

I am fine today.

I experienced intense cough and fever last night and thus I was unable to sleep well. I could hear wheezing sound from my left chest, and I felt some irritation on my left lung and thus triggered the coughing :-)

Doctor said that it is clearer that the problem is attributed to the lung – either infection or GVHD.

Added another iv antibiotic Azilhromycin which is specialized in treating lung infection and increased Prednisolon (steroid) dosage to 30mg (6 tablets) per day.

Apart from this, doctor also put me on nebulizer (spraying gas from nebulizer solution) 4 times a day to clear the phlegm in my lung. But having the nebulization is no fun. It increases my heart beat drastically. As this is the first time ever in my life that I am having this, I thought there is something wrong with my heart. With this kind of allegretto heartbeat, I don’t think I manage to rest. Even holding a cup has to be extra careful because the hand is so shaky. Fortunately, the heart beat return to normal quite fast. The elevated heart beat might be one of the reasons that a child cry when we put them on the nebulizer.

I took x-ray again this morning and fortunately the lung is clear :-)

After taking Panadol, the fever subsided, but I am still feeling so tired and thus sleep for the whole day.

Last thing to mention, we are all shifting to 9th floor tomorrow – a newly renovated ward – to allow current hematology ward be renovated.

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Ting Ching Ching said...

Dear Brother,

Are you feeling good today? Sorry for not giving you an email for quite long time. I'm busy with my work and my family everyday. For me, the most much worrying is your health. I hope you will health and happy everyday.

Your sister in Japan; Crystal Ting