Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day +710 : I can hear it

I am fine today.

I am feeling exactly like a normal person now. There is still occasional coughing, but that is not too disturbing.

When doctor came to see me this morning, I told him I still have wheezing sound from my right chest.

“I am going to listen for you,” the doctor said.

“No, I can hear the sound myself,” I answered.

They all didn’t believe that I can hear the wheezing sound myself, and thought that I was playing joke with them :-(

“Indeed, it is very clear,” doctor commented after examining me.

This proved that what I heard is correct :-)

I am moved from one end of the ward to the other end, and still staying in a twin-share room as before; this time I am staying with a school boy. Previously, I was staying with an auntie. The nurse arranged for me to exchange bed with another female patient, so that we would have patients of the same sex sharing the room.

After the move, I totally can’t get any wireless internet access signal :-( I have to roam around the ward with my notebook computer to find internet connection.

I played a old Chinese song for a senior auntie in the ward. Her relative heard me playing classical guitar and came to request the song which the auntie likes very much. It took me a little bit practice to get the song done; quite a challenging task to me as I don’t normally play old Chinese song :-) Fortunately, my wife is here to help :-)

I am very glad that the auntie likes the song :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

ilene said...

Dear David,

On this posting, I'm one of the daughters who was there when you sang the song to her. "Rose Rose I Love" is one of my mum's favourite and you saw how she swayed her body and clap her hands to that song. Thank you so very much for cheering her up. She badly needed a good cheer. Mum's name is Rose and therefore you can understand why this song became her favourite!

I came into your blog from Dr Haris's new blog on hematology. He too has linked me in his blog under "My Memoirs".

I've read your blog and I'm truly glad you're really enjoying life these days. You have put your faith and trust in God and I'm glad your prayers have been answered. God sure works in mysterious ways.

Sadly, my mum wasn't so fortunate. She passed away on 23 August 2008.

David said...

Dear Ilene,

I am very glad to hear from you. I saw your blog through Dr. Haris website, but I didn't know you.

Now I understand that why your mum like 玫瑰玫瑰我爱妳 so much :-)

I thank you for giving me opportunity to do a little thing for your mum.

May God bless you!

David