Friday, August 31, 2007

Day +422 : Lost of a good friend

I am fine today.

This evening, I received a SMS that informed me the decease of a good friend T.S. Tiong. I blogged about him on my Day +162 blog and Day +265 (Pray for a friend).

We used to keep in touch but the last message that I sent to him on the 30 July was un-replied. Today, I received a SMS from his sister informing me that he passed away peacefully on the 20 July, 10 days before I sent the last message to him.

He was a kind and friendly person. I remembered in one occasion, he insisted to accompany me to cafeteria in UH even though he experienced difficulty in breathing. Apart from this, he also encouraged me and gave me some very good advice on how to take care of ourselves after the bone marrow transplant.

As his father is a fisherman, he even extended his warm invitation to me to enjoy fresh seafood in his house. Even though there is no way for me to realize his invitation now, I would remember his affection and kindness.

May he rest in peace.

See you next post :-)

No comments: