Friday, August 10, 2007

Day +401 : My expectation of a good insurance agent (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

  1. Be honest
    If a customer asks you about an insurance policy from other company which you think is good, you have to acknowledge it. Don’t tell lie(亏着良心说骗话). You might ask how could I do business with this kind of honesty? My answer is “Your company must have something superior than other company; else you have to question yourself if you join the right company :-)” In addition to this, while introducing policy to the customer, do not always show the projected cash value based on the highest estimated interest. It is very important for the customer to know as well how the policy performs under the worst case scenario. The agent has to remember the fact that some customers are clever :-

  2. Don’t criticize too much
    Don’t spend too much time in criticizing the weaknesses of others, but concentrate on stressing the strengths of the policy that you would like to introduce. Too much criticism will only result in repugnance (反感). While persuading me from purchasing insurance from her, an insurance agent said, “Recently, many managers left company A to join my company, because the policies of company A are too bad to sell.” My mind reacted instantly upon hearing this, “Who knows how many managers from your company join company A?”

I do not know what an insurance agent thinks about these points, but I believe many people will be happier to deal with an insurance agent who possesses the above mentioned characters :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i totally agree with your statement

David said...

Hope this will help you to choose the insurance agent in future :-)