Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Day +392 : What an inefficient administration!

I am fine today.

One of my nieces started her campus life in Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) the beginning of July (Day +361 : Busy sending off my nieces to universities). She stayed in the residential college of the university.

The enrollment letter and associated documents reached my home village late, so she went for registration without them. Then my sister sent the documents to her residential college through PosLaju service – a courier service of Pos Malaysia. When my niece went to check for the documents, the college administration office denied that they received the document despite the fact that they signed the receipt. They just said to my niece that the document was missing :( In the end, my nephew found the document in Hal Ehwal Pelajar (Student Affairs).

This is not an isolated incident. About two weeks ago, I sent my niece a JPA loan warrant through courier service. Until now she hasn’t received it despite numerous checking with the college’s administration office. The courier service provided me the proof of receipt which bore the Penolong Pentadbiran (Assistant Administrator) signature on it. But when my niece checked with the Penolong Pentadbiran, she said that she did not receive it. Where could they place the warrant? If I were not mistaken, the warrant will be expired if it is not cleared within one month from the date of issuance. Worst of all, failure to clear the warrant automatically disqualified her from the loan. I am very sure the warrant is now expired and she missed this important source of financial aid :-(

We still don’t know where the warrant is? My niece told me, “The university is big, but the administration here is ‘kelam kabut ‘(a chaos) “

I believe this is caused by the ‘tidak-apa (couldn’t careless)’ attitude of the staff. It looks like recent hike in government servant’s salary does not bring any improvement of their attitude. “More money is good, but ‘tidak-apa’ still ‘tidak-apa.” Macam ini, mana Malaysia Boleh? (With this kind of attitude, how Malaysia Can?)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,...I agree with you about the bad behaviour of the staff at UUM. It's called management university centre of exellence...but the staff have poor managerial and administrative effiency.
There are a long list of examples and complaints we often mention at the dialogue forum held by TNC...but sudah lah...nothing changes
They are not professional!!!

David said...

Hi, it looks you are a UUM student:-) What you said is within my expectation - sigh! Whatever beautiful name they call it, the bottom line is still their professionism. A name that doesn't lives up to the standard will eventually becomes a laughing stock.