Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day +414 : Now everyone can cook

I am fine today.

We have our low cost airline AirAsia carries the motto “Now Everyone Can Fly”, but have your ever thought that “Now Everyone Can Cook”, including the rat? If you don’t believe this, I advise you to watch the latest Disney Pixar animated film called Ratatouille.

I brought my wife and all children except Aaron to watch the film last night. This is the 2nd time I watch movie in the theatre after bone marrow transplant :-) The first movie that I watched with the children is Transformer :-)

Ratatouille is one of the best animations that we ever watch. It is definitely a good family film – with moral lessons, fun and no violence. It talks about a talented rat called Remy that is dying to become a chef. You can read the Ratatouille storyline here.

The moral of the film, “Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere," has more truth and depth than most would expect.[1]

Apart from the phrase "Everyone can cook", the other two phrases that impressed me a lot are "It's crazy but it works" and "We are what we are".

I shared with you some pictures of the film. They are all Disney Enterprise Inc. and Pixar Animation Studio copyrighted. You can click the photos below to have a larger view.





See you next post :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,
Ee Ding, Danny (11) and I also went to watch Ratatouille in June. I share your opinions about the film. Danny was so inspired by the movie that, when we came home, to everybody's amazement, he asked Ee Ding to help him cook soup! On a slightly different note, I feel that the old days of the movie theaters are gone with the introduction of DVDs. Ticket for a movie here is about $8.00. For the price of two tickets, we can buy the DVD itself and watch it multiple times. Indeed most of the theaters here are almost empty, how is the situation in Malaysia?

Dobrin

David said...

Dear Dobrin,

The movie was launched in US a lot earlier than in Malaysia. Our cinema here start to show the movie Mid August only if I were not mistaken.

I think I have to ask my wife to cook soup too :-)

A DVD here can cost up to RM40 here while movie ticket cost RM6 (Adult) and RM5 (Children) on Wed and RM7 and RM6 on the rest of the days. The movie theatres here still get plenty of visitors.

The "pi" rated DVD here costs less than RM10, but they are not as wide spread as before due to enforcement :-)

David